Tuesday, May 17, 2011

{Ziploc Bag Icecream}

So I know dear friends, I am really bad at blogging. I think I admitted that on my last post :) It's been a week since my last post! But it is for good reason.. we have been very busy with some family stuff. We have a dear family member in the hospital right now. He has been there for 6 days on life support. I have been there every day, almost all day..Its been a rough week for all of us, not knowing what to expect from day to day. {Please keep us in your prayers?} So as you can guess, we are needing a lot of comfort right now, & what is more comforting than ice cream? ;) 
When I was younger, my grandma Joy & I Used to make homemade ice cream all the time! We used 2 ziploc bags, Milk & some cherry flavoring :) It was always delicious!  William & I decided it would be fun & calming to do this our selves! So this is how you make ziploc bag ice cream :) 

{6T. salt, 1 sandwhich & 1 Storae size ziploc bag, 1T sugar, 1/2C Milk (or half n half), 1/4t Vanilla extract, some mix ins}

{Put your milk, sugar vanilla & Mix ins in the sandwhich size ziploc. Close the bag ensuring it is properly sealed} 
*Willy used M&Ms
* I used Kit kats :) 


{Fill the larger ziploc about half way with ice & sprinkle the 6T salt over the ice. Then, place the bag with milk, sugar, vanilla  & mixins inside the bag of ice. Make sure both bags are sealed very well} 


myspace graphic at Gickr
{Shake the bag vigorously for about 5-10 minutes}
                                                              

{Empty contents of smaller bag into a bowl & TADA! ICE CREAM!}


{Enjoy!}

1 comment:

  1. I just might use this for when I'm babysitting, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete